Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Heavy heart

My heart has been heavy regarding the recent shooting in Connecticut.
I don't really know what to say about it, but I can't get it off my mind and heart.
Those children were just babies.

I've been thinking about it ever since I found out.
On Saturday when I dropped my son off at a birthday party.
That morning while I was working at our "Unexpected Christmas" event at church.
While I was helping clean up after the event and on into the night so that we could have our first service in the new building.
On Sunday while I was sitting in the new building, listening to the worship band and praising Jesus.
While I was serving little children in our Waumba environment.
While I was driving my own children to our hometown church so they could watch Grandma and Ee-oo sing in the cantata.
Yesterday as I dropped my own sweet, innocent babies off at preschool.
Then when I picked them up.
As I got up and snuggled my baby girl this morning and then drove off to work.

Every activity I go through seems to remind me of how precious life is and the kind of world we live in.

You don’t know the first thing about tomorrow. You’re nothing but a wisp of fog, catching a brief bit of sun before disappearing. James 4:14


Some of my friends said some things much better than I could articulate any of my own thoughts, so I'll let their words speak to you, as they did to me.

http://thejudyjourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/home.html

http://tashavia.blogspot.com/2012/12/dont-choose-fear.html

The Voice paid tribute to the victims with this beautiful rendition of "Hallelujah"

No comments: