Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Library awesomeness

A couple of weeks ago I took the kids to ImaginOn. I had every intention of going to story time, visiting with co-workers, playing with some of the toys there and heading home.
 
Amelia Jayne is playing on the wooden fire truck in the passenger seat while Xander drives.
I wish this photo was better. Her smile is so great! She was so happy. :)
 
Little did I know (even though I work there!) that the big man himself would be there. So, of course, Xander wanted to see him. I wasn't prepared with my fancy camera. My kids didn't have "Christmas-y" colors on, but it was fun. :)
There was no line when we went, so that was even better.
 

 
Xander did great this year. He went right up to Santa, talked to him, told him what he wanted, and hung out for a bit.
 
 
 
I wasn't even going to try with Amelia Jayne, but Santa was kind and offered. He said, "Maybe if you just set her down quickly while I'm not looking at her..."
It was kind of you, Santa, but Amelia Jayne did not go for it.
My favorite part is Xander's face, though. It's as if he's saying, "What's wrong with you, Amelia Jayne? It's just Santa!" Either that or, "This is totally embarrassing, Mom. Get me out of here!"
 
The Children's theatre does something every year that they call "Santa's Bag." You can take your children to buy gifts for other members of their family. I gave Xander $10 and he went with an elf to purchase gifts (so Mommy will be surprised on Christmas morning, too!). He bought gifts for Amelia Jayne, Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Mimi, Grandma and Grandpa - with $.75 left over. Pretty cool!
 
 

 
When we got home, this is what I found. All that nonsense just wore the girl out. :)
 
 

No comments: