Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Favorites

If you haven't seen Les Miserables yet in the theater, please go now before it's too late.
{Take your tissues}
David and I went to see this on a date the afternoon of New Year's Eve. I should have blogged about it already, but it's taken me awhile to process. I immediately loved it. This is honestly one of my new favorite movies of all time. It was just so heavy and wonderful and amazing and sad and fantastic. Extremely well done. The acting was phenomenal. I laughed. I cried. I cried some more. The title is "Les Miserables" which, for those of you who don't speak French and still somehow can't figure it out means The Miserable Ones. Not a whole lot of happy going on here. But, I've always liked Les Mis - the musical, the music, the 1998 film with Liam Neeson and Geoffery Rush. A great, sad story gets me every time.
I've actually never read the book, but it's on my list. It's crazy long, so we'll see when and how long it takes, but I'm determined to read it at some point in my life. :)
David, Becky and I will be going to see the musical in February. It's part of the Broadway Lights series this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Below is the trailer.
I hope you watch the movie. You won't be disappointed.





I found these rules on Pinterest and I liked them.
Remember: Love wins. :)


















I also tried a new recipe this week that I found on Pinterest - Tamale Casserole. It was very yummy and healthy, too. Plus, David loved it. :) Score!


No comments: