Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Health

I have to admit I'm pretty proud of myself. My big goal for 2013 is to get healthy. I obviously want to lose weight, but more than that, I want to be healthy so I'll be around to enjoy my kids and my husband for a long time and live a life that I can be proud of - and glorify God.

I've done fairly well over the past three weeks. I'm up to running a good bit now which makes me very happy. After Amelia Jayne was born, I had a really hard time being able to run without my back hurting (and other parts I won't mention). I got on the treadmill four times last week and actually ran over 6 miles - and that's just the running part! I'm struggling some this week between a sick and teething (therefore fussy) baby, lack of sleep and busy schedule. But it's only Wednesday, so I have some time to finish strong. I'm still on track to run that half marathon sometime this year. What?!?!

I've lost 11 pounds.

What am I doing, you ask? I've been eating healthier and moving more. There's no secret to weight loss. It's just doing what you know you need to do.

I've been drinking a green smoothie every day which I've (surprisingly) thoroughly enjoyed! Here's my recipe - give it a try!

1 handful of spinach (about a cup)
1/2 c. frozen pineapple
1/2 c. frozen blueberries
1/2 banana
About a cup of water (depending on how thick you like it)
Add some ice if your fruit isn't frozen

Blend it all together! Voila! Quick, easy and yum!!

Although I'm pretty sure God didn't intend these verses to mean a literal race, they help me when I'm running. They're pretty awesome verses anyway. :)

I run in the path of your commands,
for you have set my heart free.
Psalm 119:32

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

And I'm still holding on to Nehemiah 6:3.
"I am doing a great work and I cannot come down."


No comments: