Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Baby appointment

Xander and I went to the doctor on Monday to check on the baby. Xander was so good! I really couldn't have been prouder of him. He sometimes acts out or gets really clingy when he's in a new place with people he doesn't know, but he was actually very friendly and didn't have a problem with the strangers at all. I was so pleasantly surprised.

We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and all is well! My blood pressure is good. I've been a little concerned about that because I'm not taking any meds for it this time, like I did with Xander, and the doc said he will keep an eye on it in case it gets high. I've had chronic hypertension for a few years and went off my meds to try to regulate it with exercise about a year and a half ago. It's been good since then, but I wasn't sure how pregnancy would affect it. So far, so good!

I go back to the doctor on May 31 and we'll have an ultrasound at that time and hopefully find out the sex of the baby! I can't believe it's coming up so quickly!

Xander still doesn't have much understanding of what this is all about. He still points to his own tummy when I ask him where the baby is, but he's at least getting used to the idea of us talking about a baby. I've been holding babies as often as I can in front of him. I'll have a lot more practice with that soon since my friends Angela and Veronica are due in June and July, respectively. I can't wait!

No comments: