Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Funnies from the little man

Me: "Xander, where does mommy work?"
Xander: "At the yabbity." (yabbity means library)
Me: "Where does daddy work?"
Xander: "In his car."

I never thought about it, but we rarely go to David's office, yet every morning we talk about Daddy going to work and Xander always mentions his car and oftentimes we watch him drive away. It only makes sense that Daddy works in his car. :)


Xander loves basketball. As in, he's obsessed. He will make anything into a basketball and use anything as the ball. He always talks about "putting it in the hole." The other day he had a little ball and his stacking boxes. Each of the boxes has a letter on it. David and I were sitting on the floor with him when he said, "Put it in the A-hole!" I didn't think I would stop laughing over that one.


He's so used to electronics and toys that make sounds and move on their own, that he doesn't really understand "old-fashioned" toys that don't do those things. This morning he called me in the living room and said, "Mommy, fish stick!" (which is what it sounds like when he says, "Mommy, fix it!"). He was playing with some tractors that he got from Mimi and Papa. They don't move without you making them and they make no noise. I told him that it's fixed and that these toys don't make noise. He said very matter-of-factly, "Needs batteries."


Xander has quite the memory. I tend to talk to him (probably incessantly) when we're together, especially at the store or when running errands. We went to the grocery store together a couple of weeks ago and I was trying to remember that David had asked me specifically to get some sausages to grill out and some grapes for his lunch. I kept telling Xander, "Don't let mommy forget. We need to get grapes and sausages for daddy." Yesterday we were at Costco together and out of the blue Xander told me, "Get sausages for daddy." I started laughing and told him, "Thanks for reminding me, buddy." :)

No comments: