Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dinner with friends

On Saturday, some friends of ours, Veronica and Sabino, came over for dinner and an afternoon of fellowship and fun. We had a great time! It was so nice to have them over and enjoy their company. They brought me some flowers for Mother's Day, David had brought me some that day as well, and he had bought a bouquet for Veronica, too! This year is kind of her first Mother's Day although next year's will be even better! She's six months pregnant right now, so we'll meet Caleb Alexander at the end of July.

Veronica and Sabino brought Xander a stuffed Elmo that's bigger than he is! I can't believe I didn't get a picture of that. I'll have to get one soon and post it. Xander absolutely loves it! In fact, it's in his bed right now. I have a hard time lying in his bed with him at night because of that stuffed monster!

Sabino marinated some beef ribs and shoulder that he and David grilled outside. It was awesome! We had hummus and carrots, a salad, some couscous, and bread to go with it. Then we had brownies for dessert - David and Sabino's favorite!

It was so much fun. I'm glad to have such great friends. Some pics of the food and flowers are below. Next time I'll think to get pics of the people too. :(



No comments: