Friday, May 27, 2011

Interesting info...

Today is National Wig Out Day!

"The Library Journal posted an article about Charlotte Mecklenburg Library last week. It outlines what the library system has gone through over the past couple of years. A very long article, but from what I can tell as an employee, very accurate. It's been a roller coaster, that's for sure.

Here's a Kindergarten Readiness Assessment by Dora to see if your child is ready to go to school.

My baby is about the size of a bell pepper! Not Xander, the new one. :)


I read today's section in The One Year Book of Praying Through the Bible. Here is the prayer I read and one that I hope will bring you comfort. I pray this for the people of Joplin and the many other places that have been devastated recently.

Lord, you are the God of all comfort. How grateful I am. I pray that your unfailing love will comfort those who need it and that your tender mercies will surround them. These dear ones need your Spirit's tenderness today. May they experience you in the midst of their pain, and please touch them with healing today.

"God's mercy is boundless, free, and through Jesus Christ our Lord, available to us now in our present situation." - A.W. Tozer

Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your law is my delight. 
Psalm 119:76-77

No comments: