Friday, September 16, 2011

Peace

I tend to get an email from my Aunt Karen when it's been a few days of no blogging. So, KtG, this is for you! No, the blog is not broken!

I, however, feel somewhat broken! Emotionally, mentally, physically. Things are starting to fall apart here! Well, that's not exactly true. Sure, my body is tired, achy and cumbersome. Sure, my emotions are frazzled, at times low and other times high, and in overdrive all the time. Sure, my mind is a hot mess - dealing with my suddenly overwhelming two year old, thinking of what life with a toddler and newborn will be like, dealing with work stresses since two of my co-workers are out (one due to a biking accident and one out on maternity leave) leaving 5 and a half people trying to keep their programs going on top of the ones we're already doing, still trying to make time for my husband who I care for so deeply, scheduling everyone's days and juggling all of this together.

But you know what? I have peace.

Romans 5:1 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

Luke 2:14 - “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:9 - Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Hebrews 13:20-21 - Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Colossians 3:15 - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.





No comments: