Friday, September 2, 2011

Irony

Funny how I post about fall and the cool, crispness of the air (I haven't quite felt "crisp" yet, though I have noticed some changing of the leaves already!) when our air conditioner goes out! Ha! These past couple of days have been around 92-95 degrees! We're supposed to have a cool front move in early next week and the temps should be in the upper 70's, lower 80's. I can't wait for that! Maybe I should have postponed my post until the cooler weather set in....

Here's what happened over the last few days. Wednesday evening David and I both got home late - him from working and me from having a meeting for church. I walked in and it felt hot. I looked at the thermostat which read 79 - yikes! Usually in the heat of summer I allow us to keep the house between 76 and 78 degrees - it's just more economical that way. But recently with my pregnancy I've been getting hotter than normal so I've been bumping it down to 74. 79 degrees feels really hot compared to 74! Anyway, it was after 10 when we concluded, yes the air conditioner is definitely not working. Not wanting to pay an after-hours fee we decided to bring another fan in the bedroom and just suck it up. Not my best night of sleep, but oh well.

The next morning we called and the air people said they'd be out that afternoon. David went home to work and wait on them and I continued my day at work. They came, did their thing and left. David went back to work. When I got home around 6:30pm it was even hotter. The thermostat downstairs read 84 degrees and the one upstairs read 87! We called them back and they said they could get someone out early this morning. David and I contemplated going to a hotel last night, but instead we ended up opening some windows, bringing the fan downstairs, and sleeping on the couch and big comfy chair. It was fairly miserable and neither of us slept well, but hopefully we'll get it fixed today! If not, I see a trip to the lake house in my immediate future. The air conditioner works really well there. :)

No comments: