Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In other news...

I had a doctor's appointment today. This was a normal weekly visit as well as my final ultrasound before the big day. They measured Amelia Jayne's head circumference and checked to make sure all is well. She looks great! They even did some 3D shots (which I still think are creepy, especially at this stage when the poor thing is squished so much that she looks like her arms are growing out of her head...she is pretty darn cute, though, head-arms and all).

BUT, she's HUGE.

Are you ready for this? My daughter is already 7.5lbs!!! What?!?! I have 4 weeks left until my c-section and typically babies gain about a half pound per week during the last month. I am not prepared to have a 9.5lb baby. I am SO glad that I already have a c-section scheduled. Let me tell you that I would be scheduling one right now if I didn't. Of course there's a possibility that she won't be that big or that she just has a huge head (like her brother did). Either way, I'm feeling much better about my decision to have a repeat cesarian. Xander was 9lbs when he was born and he was 6 days late. I didn't have an ultrasound at this point when I was pregnant with him so I don't know how big he was at 35 weeks gestation. All I know is that this little girl may not be so little after all...

No comments: