Thursday, September 5, 2013

Interesting articles and random facts

I am proud of this mother for sharing this article. I think we are so ashamed sometimes of who we are or who we are perceived to be.
From the article:
"God did not create us to pull ourselves up on our own. We are given grace every moment of every day, and the trick is learning to receive it."
Grace can come in so many different ways...

I know y'all are gonna think I'm crazy. I go back and forth on the whole living "clean" or "natural" or "green" or "environmentally friendly" thing. I like the idea of cutting out chemicals, but man it takes a lot of work to transition your whole life to this! I might try a cleaning product (like this*) and either hate it or love it  so I might or might not be "all natural" in that area. I see a sale on something that's "green" and I try it out.
I absolutely love my current shampoo and conditioner, and I mean, it's already paraben free plus it has some green initiatives. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and it smells so heavenly, while preserving my color-treated hair.
(I know what you're thinking - isn't color-treated hair actually chemically-treated hair? Yes. But I can't cut that out just yet. I'm too young to be completely gray...which is basically what I would be if I didn't color my hair. I'll look into it, but I make no promises. Sheesh.)
The thought of trying something new is scary and exciting at the same time. I read this article the other day and thought about going more natural, but I don't know what baking soda and vinegar will do to my color-treated hair. Does anyone have experience with this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
And I think I may try this sometime soon, too...
*For the record, I was very indifferent to soap nuts...I didn't hate or love them, but I needed something stronger to get out stains, typically using oxiclean stain remover which is considered an environmentally friendly product.

I haven't talked about the library much lately. I think I'll dedicate a post to the library in the next couple of weeks. Until then, check out some cute fingerplays and songs that I found recently...on a blog I've known about for a long time, but is worth talking about!

I didn't watch the VMAs.
I'm too old to watch MTV or the VMAs.
Honestly I guess I've always been "too old" having never been one to watch MTV anyway.
I wasn't a huge 'Nsync fan, so I wasn't hyped about watching the big reunion, which I know is why the majority of 32 year olds watched it...right?!? Please say yes.
Even though I didn't watch, I sure have heard a lot about those VMAs.
At first I was curious, but then I decided it would be best for me not to watch any clips on youtube.
Some things just can't be unseen, you know?
Although I didn't see the actions performed on stage, and I really have nothing to weigh in on having to do with the VMAs, I read this article and it hit home for me.
The letter posted in that article is worth saving for my son.

This article about parenting little ones was so real and hilarious (and man, I love it when people keep things real and hilarious) that I emailed it to my husband. His response?
"I don't remember writing that..."
He's so funny. :)

I had run across this website before while doing some research at work, but this particular article seems very appropriate considering we have an emerging reader on our hands! :)

I know this song is old. And I know I've heard it about a thousand times, but I just can't get enough of it. :) Thanks, Hillsong.

Since we're on the topic of songs...here's another one that I just can't seem to get enough of...



Ooh, and Relient K's most recent album? Love it! Especially "Lost Boy."


I met the Nester a few weeks ago and I can't get enough of her! She's very encouraging about having confidence in decorating. My house is (and probably always will be!) a work in process...kind of like me, I guess.
I also love this article she wrote about schooling your kiddos.

Have any interesting articles or random facts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: