Thursday, January 23, 2014

Random realizations

When my mother was 33 years old she had a first and a fourth grader.
I am currently 33 and have a 2 and a 4 year old.

I've lived in the country, on a farm, in a town, in a neighborhood, in a suburb, in a college town, on a college campus and in the city. They all had their pros and cons, but I really did like each one of them for their own attributes.

My husband and I have known each other for 28 years. That's bizarre to me when I think about it. I met him when I was Xander's age (a couple of months before I turned 5), if that puts things into perspective.

I really want a pet. They're messy and dirty. They take a lot of time to keep up with. They shed. They need attention. They're a huge responsibility. They can be expensive. But, for some reason, I want one anyway. Sadly, my husband does not. He'll most likely win on this one...at least for now.

Fluorescent lights hurt my eyes. We have them in my office and when I come in I only turn on one set. My co-workers know this about me and can often tell who's in the office because of this. I didn't really pay attention to this until recently when one of my co-workers pointed it out.

Washi tape is super-fun.

No comments: