Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stomach bug

I know this is crazy considering I have two children, one almost 5 and the other 2, but I've never had one of them have a stomach bug with me before. Xander had a stomach bug a couple of years ago, but it was over the holidays and David was home with him when he was actually throwing up. I was at work. I timed that well. :)
Xander had a reaction to a medication once and threw up on me - that was about 3 years ago.
And of course I've been spit up on numerous times, though my kids weren't big spitters. And spit up is a total different beast than real-life vomit.
My kids just haven't been very sick overall. AJ's had her bouts with allergies and congestion issues, but not puking. Xander's been extremely healthy as far as preschoolers go, with just an occasional cold (or hand, foot and mouth disease - twice), but not much experience with vomit.

I met my match today.

Xander had fallen asleep on the couch while I laid Amelia Jayne down, which is highly unusual. I figured he was just tired, so I went upstairs to call a friend. It seemed perfect since my friend and I had been trying to catch up with each other and we had a phone date planned for this afternoon.
Then, all of a sudden, I hear crying and tell her I need to let her go. I found Xander upset in the bathroom. I figured he'd woken up, needed to use the bathroom and was just discombobulated. He wanted me to hold him, so I did. He wanted me to sit with him in his room on his bed, so I did.

And then he threw up on me.

He's asleep on the couch right now, as I type this.
Bless his little heart.
I may never eat oranges again...

No comments: