Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lottery frustrations

Wednesday morning I went to a local, public, montessori school to check it out for pre-K for Xander next year. Yup, you read that right. Pre-K. For my little boy. The one who's still little. Oh, who am I kidding? He's growing up so fast, y'all!

Anyway, I went to an Open House at Chantilly Montessori School. And I loved it! There are so many things about this school that I like. There are a few things that didn't impress me, but overall I was more impressed than I wasn't. So that feels like a win to me.

The problem is, here in Mecklenburg County, you have to place your child's name in a lottery to be able to get them into certain schools. This is one of them.

You have to submit an enrollment form, birth certificate and proof of residence. I don't have Xander's birth certificate. We never ordered one, and now I need it. I know, I know. Go ahead and slap my hand. I should've had it so that I would have it when I needed it. Like now. Oh well. I ordered it today and I'm hoping that I get it no later than next Thursday. I have to turn all of this information into the school by next Friday. Sheesh. I sure like to cut things close!

And so now it's a waiting game. I really hope I'm able to get Xander into the lottery. And I really hope he gets chosen once he's in the lottery. And I really hope he loves the school once he's entered in the lottery, chosen and then starts next fall.

Oh the joys of parenthood. Pray with me. We're gonna need it. :)

So, Montessori. It's interesting. You should read about it. I think Xander would be incredibly successful in a Montessori setting. And Chantilly Montessori - they even have a butterfly on their website! I mean, how much more perfect can you get for Xander? :)
(This is the little boy who asked Santa for monster trucks and butterflies last year.)

I'm planning to go to another Open House at Highland Mill Montessori next Monday and see how cool they are.

Does anyone care to comment about Montessori? I'd be interested to hear your views and opinions. Thanks!


1 comment:

Kristen said...

Montessori schools are awesome! I do pray he gets in! God has a perfect plan.