Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankful - Days 29 & 30

November 29
I'm thankful that I live in a free country. I may not believe the same thing as you. I may not practice the same things as you. I may not speak the same as you. I may not look anything like you. I may not mother the same way you do. I may not be the same kind of wife you are. I may not have a job similar to your job. But none of that matters. In this country we're free to be who we want to be.

November 30
Today's the last day of November. I'm almost sad to stop writing what I'm thankful for. Some days it was challenging and other days it was hard to choose just one! So, there may be a few days that I just throw out some thankful thoughts...just because. :)

Today I'm thankful for scripture. God's Word is amazing. It teaches us, reminds us, encourages us, meets us, touches us, and allows us to glimpse a tiny part of who God is.

Below are some verses that I've been meditating on lately...all of them happen to revolve around being thankful. :)

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Isaiah 51:3
The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Philippians 1:3
I thank my God every time I remember you.

Ephesians 5:4
Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.


"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, 
whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue 
and if anything is praiseworthy - meditate on these things."
Philippians 4:8

No comments: