Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful - Days 19 & 20

November 19
Today I'm thankful for my small group. It is an awesome group of folks that I have the privilege to hang out with almost every week. I love spending time with them, hearing their thoughts and ideas, praying with and for them, and just chatting! This is definitely the best couples small group I've ever had the privilege of being a part of.

November 20
I am incredibly thankful to have the opportunity to share books with children who might not have them or know about them if it weren't for the library and the partnerships we have. What a privilege it is for me to share the gift of reading! And better yet, I get to talk to parents about the importance of reading to their child from an early age. I love "partnering with parents" (a phrase I stole from Ridge Church) to ensure that their children have a more successful and fulfilling future. Partnering with parents is one of my favorite things to do - whether it's at work, at church or with my friends. This is one of my great passions!

No comments: